Privacy and Cookies
Cookies on The Girls’ Brigade Trading website
Girls’ Brigade Trading is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Personal information is collected and processed in order to administer the activities of Girl’s Brigade Trading. Some processing activities may also be carried out under a legal obligation (for example disclosing personal information to external parties under statutory powers), where it’s necessary to protect the vital interests of the individual or another party (for example disclosures to external parties to ensure the safety and wellbeing of individuals), where it’s necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority (for example collecting or disclosing information in order to meet regulatory or statutory requirements), or where it’s necessary for legitimate interests pursued by GBM or a third party (the legitimate interests will relate to the efficient, lawful and proportionate delivery of services and will not be to the detriment of the interests or rights of individuals). Where any of these legal bases don’t apply, the consent of an individual to process their personal data will be sought.
Girls’ Brigade Trading may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address, telephone number(s)
- Order information including name, address details and billing information, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information about individuals who visit the site, such as your IP address, web browser details and information about the cookies installed on your device.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs, process your orders and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Processing your order which may include sharing your name and address details and items ordered with our Distributor(s)
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- If you have given your permission we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- if you have given your permission we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes..
- We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How long do we hold your information?
We hold information in relation to your orders in line with financial accounting requirements which is for the current accounting year plus six years.
We're committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we can't be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you're asked to fill in a form on the website, we will ask you to confirm if your information can be used for direct marketing purposes
- If you've previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Data Protection Officer at Girls’ Brigade Ministries, Cliff College, Calver, Derbshire, S23 3XG or email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we’re holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.